Originally a small hunting lodge built after r. 1592 on the site of a medieval fortress for Rudolf II. Rebuilt Valdštejns r. 1730. V l. 1747-52 to the residential part attached freestanding chapel. For Fürstenbergs in the 19th century. significantly expanded. Even as the state palace (from r. 1918) adjusted r. 1929 J. Plečnik to the summer residence of President TG Masaryk.
Distance 7 km
the largest city in the Central Region, with its immediate surroundings seat more than 110 thousands of agglomeration, situated near the Czech capital Prague. Kladno was the historical birthplace of heavy industry in the Czech Republic and currently is a city dynamics, advanced industrial technologies, green, sports and modern life stylu.První written mention of safe Kladno dates from the early 14th century. Ves owned by the family of Kladno Kladno, who died in 1543, “the sword” and Kladno assumed ownership chivalrous genus Žďárských of Zdar. During their reign is garnered in 1561 and promoted to a town the right to use your own character – a blue shield with a silver eagle and half feature in natural color.
Distance 8 km
Aqua park Kladno
It implies an adjusted pious area with the joint grave of the Lidice men, foundations Horak farm, church, school and cemetery of the former Lidice. This area is such a sculpture google child victims of war and the museum. The fate of Lidice hit the occupation of Czechoslovakia and in particular the assassination of Heydrich of the Reich. Although not Lidice with this act nothing, Gestapo easily found a pretext for an act of revenge and carried out the brutal act of the people of Lidice. June 10, 1942 were men and 173 were shot, the women taken away to a concentration camp Ravensbruck, except for a few children given Germanized after the war and found others died in Polish Chelmno. Victims of the Nazi murder happened a total of 340 Lidice citizens. The village was burned down and then razed to the ground, so that in 1943 there was only a bare plain.
Distance 18 km
The vast royal Gothic castle, originally a hunting castle of the Přemyslid dynasty, rebuilt at the end of the 15th century. for Vladislav Jagiello. In the 16th century. prison. R. 1643 burnt, reconstructed in the 19th and 20th century. J. Mocker and K. Hilbert for Fürstenberk.
Distance 20 km
Salty is a royal town in the district Slánské board that forms the northwestern part of Prague called geomorphological whole platform. Its dominant feature is Slánská mountain. Town, located about 25 km northwest of Prague runs from southwest to northeast Red potok.Archeologické findings confirm prehistoric settlement in the Land of the city and its surroundings from the Palaeolithic period (about 50 thousand years ago). Larger settlement also confirmed findings from the 8th and 9th centuries, especially on the southeast slope Slánské Mountains and its foothills. The origin of the name of the linked story chronicles of Vaclav Hajek of Libočan that tells of the discovery of salt spring at the foot of Mount Slánské servant of the prince. Nezamysl riff and the subsequent establishment of settlements princely salt works called “salty hill”.
Distance 22 km
You will find many sights worth seeing. Do not miss a tour of the sights. Prague Castle is the most important cultural and historical monuments not only in Prague but throughout the Czech Republic. Most significant ruler, who resided Charles IV. Charles Bridge and Old Town Bridge Tower, according to many, is one of the most beautiful buildings of European High Gothic. Vyšehrad is one of the most important places of Czech history, the cradle of Czech political and cultural history. Petrin Tower is among the best known and most popular places in Prague. Head here almost every tourist and Pražan. Old Town Square was the center of commerce, marketplace, before the creation of the Old City.
Distance 27 km
Koněprusy caves are situated in Central Bohemia, 7 km South of Beroun in the Czech Karst protected area not far from Křivoklát and Karlštejn. They were discovered in 1950 and opened to the public in 1959. They were formed in the Devonian limestones as old as 400 million years. They are developed in three levels with denivelation more than 70 m. The total length of over 2 km, access path length is about 590 m and the tour lasts 1 hour. In the upper floor of the 15th century secret money forging workshop. The caves are unique paleontological excavations, documenting natural development over the past 1.5 million years.
Distance 31 km
Karlštejn (it. Karlstein), at the time also called revivalist Charles Tyn, a medieval castle, located in the cadastral Budňany in Karlstejn township in the district of Beroun, about 30 km southwest of Prague, in the middle of the Protected Landscape Area Czech Karst. The foundation stone was laid on June 10, 1348 by Archbishop Arnost of Pardubice. According tradovaného interpretation of the castle was built to protect the imperial crown jewels and holy relics, they are, however, along with the Czech crown jewels to find a location over time; Karlštejn was originally built for private use Charles as a small seat with one tower and gradually expanded to the portion to be guarding the jewels. The castle is an important national monument and one of the most visited castles in the Czech Republic.
Distance 37 km